Waypoint Services for Women, Children and Families provides child care to approximately 600 children ages 0 to 12 years old. Waypoint also provides shelter and support to women and children in crisis because of homelessness, domestic violence or sexual assault. For over 100 years, Waypoint has been meeting the changing needs of women and children in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and surrounding rural areas.
Waypoint offers a competitive starting wage, for positions over 30 hours/week benefits including: health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, 401K, paid vacation and holidays; discounted child care in our onsite childcare center.
The Assistant Teacher implements activities for children and supports program area operations. We are currently looking for Assistant Teachers for our KidsPoint School Age Program, Downtown and at our C. Street SW locations. The hours are to be determined between 6:30am – 6:00pm, Monday through Friday.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Lead Teacher in providing appropriate early childhood education experiences to promote the healthy emotional, social, intellectual, and physical development of each child
- Assist in planning and implementation of age appropriate curriculum to ensure quality early learning programming
- Ensure compliance with all child care licensing standards as defined by the Iowa Department of Human Services
- Provide leadership and training for other child care staff in positive child care methods
- Assist in completing in an accurate and timely manner all required written documentation, (i.e. accident/incident reports, daily reports for parents, attendance/snack/meal sheets, lesson plans and room journals, etc.)
- Use positive guidance methods of discipline
- Assist in daily communication with parents
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all Waypoint policies and Waypoint letter of employment
- Maintain client and program confidentiality as defined in the Waypoint Confidentiality Policy
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and professional manner, both in appearance and actions in carrying out job responsibilities
- Follow Waypoint Crisis Communication Plan completely in crisis situations
- Attend and participate in Waypoint departmental, interdepartmental and staff meetings as directed
- Maintain scheduled work hours and notify your immediate supervisor personally of absences
- High School Diploma, GED, or in progress work toward the same
- One year of verifiable child care experience
- Pre-employment physical examination, including testing for communicable diseases and TB skin test, taken within six months prior to beginning employment by a licensed physician and repeated at least every three years thereafter
- Receive a negative report on the Waypoint/DHS Non-Law Enforcement Records Check, and National Criminal History Check. Repeated every two years
To apply, please visit the following URL:https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=Assistant+Teacher&c=KidsPoint&l=Cedar+Rapids%2C+IA&jk=9ec107c747f4d5c8&rtk=1djkj8evdf2sn800&from=rss→