Admission Counselor/Assistant Director of Admission – Coe College – Cedar Rapids, IA
Admission Counselor/Assistant Director of Admission
Coe College seeks an experienced and ambitious Admission Counselor or Assistant Director of Admission. This position is responsible for fulfilling the recruitment goals of the college by identifying, cultivating and maintaining relationships with prospective students, families, and stakeholders. This position will seek commitments of prospective students in attending Coe College through the parameters defined by the Office of Admission.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Recruit students in an effort to achieve overall recruitment goals.
- Represent Coe College at public events such as high school visits and college fairs.
- Review first-year student applications.
- Conduct interviews with prospective first-year students and their family.
- Communicate the qualities of a Coe education to key stakeholders such as parents and guidance counselors, in addition to students.
- Prioritize multiple projects in addition to direct recruitment activities.
- Contact prospective students and follow up extensively.
- Respond to the needs of students, parents and guidance counselors in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree desirable.
- Quantitative and logical reasoning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Leadership skills with a competitive nature.
- College admission experience desired.
- Valid driver’s license, ability to be insured under College auto insurance and reliable transportation.
- Successful completion of a background and driver check in accordance with Coe College policy.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to manage recruitment territory including outreach to prospective students, their families, guidance counselors, alumni and other key constituents.
- Ability to work well as a team as well as individually.
- An understanding of and passion for liberal arts education.
- Dedication to the educational mission of a private, residential liberal arts college.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships in a collaborative and diverse team atmosphere.
- Commitment to excellent customer and/or student service.
- Demonstrated ethical and responsible decision making.
- Consistent attendance and accountability necessary to meet position objectives.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Several weeks of travel in the fall and spring.
- Weekend and evening commitments.
- Ability to drive to and meet with students in various locations and at various events.
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 25 lbs. (set up for events).
- Extensive communication requirements.
Compensation: 12 month contract, competitive salary and benefits, retirement program, paid vacation, car stipend and mileage reimbursement
Coe College is a selective, private, nationally recognized four-year coeducational liberal arts institution that has provided a superior education for students in a residential setting since 1851. With 1,350 students, Coe’s attractive campus is located in the heart of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, a metropolitan area of 175,000 people, providing a variety of cultural and recreational opportunities.
Coe is committed to fostering a multicultural environment and encourages applications from individuals who will help fulfill that goal. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and diverse perspectives and aim to create an academic community that is rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Coe College is an equal opportunity employer.