Administrative Assistant – Garnett Place Retirement Community & Memory Care – Cedar Rapids, IA
Garnett Place Retirement Community & Memory Care
This position is responsible for assisting the Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Community. Must work closely with the Manager as a strong team player. Regular office hours will be from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Mon.- Fri, or as scheduled by the Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following essential functions are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assist with new-hire paperwork, orientation, and training.
- Prepare monthly billing, send out, collect rents and send rent roll to Manager for approval.
- Must obtain and maintain a chauffeur’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Prepare payroll for Manager’s approval.
- Assist with the training of each new employee by showing videos and putting together new employee packets.
- Welcome and guide visitors to the appropriate party they are there to see.
- Type the monthly newsletter and send out to residents and families.
- Complete resident incident log.
- Prompt and courteous response in answering incoming telephone calls and route messages.
- Comply with all regulations as they apply to assisted living certification.
- Familiarize self with all positions in the Community.
- Use personal protective equipment, when appropriate.
- Be sure the phone is answered in times of your absence.
- Compliance with the budget.
- Complete Blueprint Form and give tours, as needed.
- Assist in the orientation of new residents.
- Attend bi-weekly in-services and meetings.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Respond to smoke and fire alarm systems.
- Be a part of the safety team.
- Attend all mandatory meetings.
- Be a team player and perform various other duties, as requested by the Manager.
- Uphold confidentiality and Health Insurance and Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
- Comply with all state regulations as they apply to assisted living certification.
- Write up work orders when maintenance needs arise.
- Comply with all the Community policies.
- Fill in, when needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven organizational skills
- Listening skills
- Positive image
- Decision making and goal setting abilities
- Commitment to the elderly and their well-being
- Supervision and problem-solving skills
- Able to be a strong member of a solid team.
- Computer literate (Word/Excel)
- Will be on the computer for extended periods of time
- Able to assist or lift up to 40 lbs
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING:
- High school graduate or GED
- AA degree in Office Administration
- Computer skills Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and internet
- 1-2 years’ experience in an office
- Experience working with the elderly
- May be sitting at a computer or desk for long periods of time
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- This job is considered “safety-sensitive”, which is defined as “any job that includes tasks or duties that the employer reasonably believes could affect the safety and health of the employee performing the task or others.”
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Data Entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- 10 Key: 1 year (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location