Kirkwood Community College
To advance the college’s mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Kirkwood Community College seeks a skilled and enthusiastic individual to join our team as an Adjunct Instructor. The successful candidate will have strong knowledge base in their discipline and teaching experience at the college level is desirable. Primary duties will include instructing students in courses, and communicating with department staff, students, and other faculty.
Kirkwood Community College’s Allied Health Department is seeking a lab instructor for the Surgical Technology program. The position requires the candidate to be a current CST with at least 6,000 hours of recent surgical experience. Experience working with students or previous training experience is preferred, but not required. The position will not be expected to create curriculum, but is expected to adapt existing curriculum to meet the needs of the students in the lab space and meet all course learning outcomes. Successful candidates will be self-motivated, goal-oriented, be able to communicate complex methods and procedures clearly and precisely to students, conduct test-outs, and maintain correspondence with program faculty and lab-site personnel.
$1,184 per credit hour of instruction.
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Provide instruction in discipline.
- Work with other faculty members to develop a course syllabus and consistent assessments.
- Communicate with department staff, students, and faculty on a regular basis.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Effectively instruct and communicate material for the course.
- Abide by and enforce safety rules when in a lab setting.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Position involves working in a classroom setting. Occasional (10-33%) sitting, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) standing, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
- Current CST
- Minimum of 6,000 hours of recent, related experience in the Surgical Technology field
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Experience teaching at the college level.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of a comprehensive community college.
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Kirkwood Community College declares and affirms that it values and respects diversity and inclusion in all College-sponsored events, all employment practices, and all educational programs and activities. The College will not tolerate unlawful discrimination or harassment of persons on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, religion, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.