Senior Housing Management
Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Track and maintain fixed asset ledgers for over 15 communities
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and issuing disbursements.
- Support accounts receivable activities.
- Maintain community corporate books, distributions and stockholder changes.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Prepare month-end and year-end financial statements, cash flow statements & budgets
- Assist with year-end audits
- Interface with management, operation managers, community managers, residents and family members
- Balance sheet accounts reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly use tax filings
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies
- Assist CPA with annual tax filings
- Reconcile over 24 different bank accounts for several different communities & corporate entities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- At least Five years of accounting experience.
- At least five years accounting experience is required
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player and have ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout the company organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Language Ability:
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, speaking the primary language of the residents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Cognitive Demands:
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills:
- Ability to use Microsoft Windows, including Word and Excel. Ability to use email and the Internet. Ability to use accounting software.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Responds promptly to resident needs.
- Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Must be detail oriented and complete tasks accurately.
Job Type: Full-time
- accounting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.